Friday, July 23, 2010

Storm

Yesterday we had a real storm. It started suddenly with hail and lots of it coming fast and furious with driving wind. The hail and wind broke up our tomato plants and some of the flowers in the front yard. Sadly the sunflowers took quite the beating too. The kids thought it was wonderful, and truthfully so did I. Summer rains always make me feel like dancing in the streets like I did as a kid. I did do some dancing, but mostly inside where it was dry. The time has come to pass on the dripping to the next generation and become the one holding the warm towel and dry clothes when playtime is done. Which means I had some time to take a couple of pictures.



The hail was small but plentiful.




This wash runs along the street below us and often runs during a storm. Although not always with this much water.

No comments: